I have never been the same since my first coffee enema – I felt decades worth of old ‘shit’ leave my system, not just faeces but old baggage and stuff I no longer needed were caught up in everything that was released!
If my experience with a ‘Lively Latino’ has inspired you to try a coffee enema – here’s how:How to prepare the coffee concentrate for your enema. These instructions will make four batches of coffee concentrate enough for four enemas):
1. Using a large saucepan, measure out 12 heaped tablespoons of (organic, not too rich roast) ground coffee. (Equals 3 tablespoons per each enema.)
2. Pour in approx 50 fluid ounces of reverse osmosis/filtered water. I use my alkaline water.
3. Bring to the boil, and cover for 3 minutes, boiling.
4. Simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Use a strainer and strain the coffee
6. Measure in a graduated jug, and top up to 32 fluid ounces.
7. Pour into jars and store in the fridge.
Set up the enema:
1. Hang the enema bag on a door handle or hook. It must be 18” from the floor to the bottom of the bag. This is the correct height recommended by Gerson* to allow the coffee to flow with the correct pressure. Ideally in the same room as a shower.
2. Get a comfortable warm blanket specially for the job, so that when you lie down, you will be warm and snug.
3. Get a pillow for your head and a towel you don’t mind staining with coffee to lay on and wrap yourself in to keep wam during the process. Some people just do it on the bathroom floor and use a yoga mat and an incontinence sheet – I lie down in my (dry) bath.
4. Have a timer ready – I use my iPhone and listen to meditation music throughout.
5. Have a toilet roll handy!
1. Boil approx 8 oz RO/filtered water.
2. Pour 8 oz of the refridgerated concentrate (as prepared earlier using above instructions) into a measuring jug.
3. Pour 16 oz of cold RO/filtered water into the jug.
4. Pour the just boiled water into the jug.
5. The jug now has 32 fluid ounces, AND SHOULD BE VERY SLIGHTLY WARMER THAN BODY TEMP.
6. Lubricate the tip of the tube nozzle and anus, lightly, using coconut oil.
7. Pour the 32 fl oz, body temp liquid into the enema bag.
8. Ensure that the air is eliminated from the tube, and the coffee is flowing.
9. Lay in the bath or on the incontinence sheet, which lies on the yoga mat. Position your anus approx. central on the sheet, so any spill will be caught on the sheet.
10. Lie on your right side, and have the blankets / old towel ready to cover you while lying on the ground. Recovery position is good for this.
11. Insert the tube. It ought insert appx. 8 inches.
12. Turn on the tap and the coffee will flow.
13. Allow it to empty, all 32 ounces, or most of it.
14. Set the timer, and wait for 15 minutes, and leave the tap open. If you have wind, the pressure may drive the liquid back up the tube but do not panic or worry.
15. After 15 mins., switch off the tap, remove the tube, squeeze the cheeks of your arse while you walk to the loo and allow it all to empty in the loo.
16. Wash the bag, the gear and shower.
17. Drink lots of water to replace electrolytes. Add 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt in gallon of water to drink.
*Coffee enemas were first recorded as being used to treat health issues in the late 1800s. Dr Gerson made them popular as part of his alternative methods of overcoming cancer in the 1950s. For cancer patients, coffee enemas lower inflammation which helps reduce pain, improve gut health, detox the system by supporting the liver to flush out toxins and stimulate the bile ducts to open.