Recipe via: https://www.nestandglow.com/
- 2 cups / 100g grated Carrot
- 1 cup / 150g Walnuts
- 1 cup / 100g Dates
- 3 tbsp Oats (use gluten free if your avoiding gluten)
- 2 tbsp shredded Coconut
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 cup / 150g Cashews
- ½ cup / 120 ml Coconut butter or oil
- 3 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Lime juiced
How to make
- Put all of the base ingredients into a food processor and pulse blend until they are all combined.
- The mixture should be firm, if it’s not add some more oats.
- Either roll into balls for truffles and place on non stick sheets or push into a cake pan for one big carrot cake. Place in the freezer to chill while you make the icing.
- Melt the coconut cream as its solid at a room temperature. I melt it by placing in a bowl within a bowl of hot water.
- Place all of the icing ingredients into a blender with a few tablespoons of water. Blend until you get a smooth creamy icing.
- Hold the truffles on a fork over the icing and spoon on the cashew vanilla bean icing. Then sprinkle with cinnamon and put on a non stick sheet.
- For the cake just pour the icing on top and spread it out. Sprinkle with cinnamon / grated carrots / chopped nuts to garnish,
- Once the truffles / cake is made chill in the fridge for half an hour and they are ready to eat.
- They will last several days stored in the fridge.