Recipe via: https://www.movenourishbelieve.com/
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 10-12 soft medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 3 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- ½ cup activated buckwheat
- Lightly coat a spring form cake tin with coconut oil.
- To prepare the crust, process all ingredients bar the activated buckwheat until the mixture holds together when squeezed between your fingers (if not holding together, add more dates/coconut oil).
- Add in buckwheat and process for a few seconds just to combine (you do not want to turn the buckwheat into dust). Firmly press crust into the bottom of the prepared tin, and place in freezer while you make the filling.
- 2 cup cashews, soaked for 4 hours in filtered water
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted cacao butter
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- 2 cups cherries, pitted and cut in half
- Blend cashews, cacao butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, coconut water and sea salt in a high-powered blender until creamy smooth.
- Scrape half of the mixture out into a bowl and leave the other half in the blender.
- Add 1 cup of cherries to the mixture and blend until pink. Pour mixture over crust and spread evenly. Drop ½ cup of cherries on to the mixture and push in until they cannot be seen. Place in freezer for 1 hour while making cacao layer.
- Spoon other half of left over cashew mixture back into the blender and add in cacao powder, blend until smooth. Fold in left over cherries. Pour mixture over cherry layer and spread evenly. Freeze for about 2 hours or until firm.
- 1 cup cacao butter, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup or to taste
- Fresh cherries
- Grated dark chocolate
- Desiccated coconut
- Place cacao butter into a heat-proof bowl over a pot of slowly simmering water. Ensure the bowl is not touching the water. Take the bowl off the pot when cacao butter has melted.
- Stir through the cacao powder and sweetener. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Remove cake from freezer and remove cake tin.
- Pour chocolate sauce over cake so it drips down the sides. Place in fridge until chocolate is hard then top with cherries, grated chocolate and coconut.
- Slice up and enjoy with friends and family.
- If you are making it days in advance do not top with cherries, grated chocolate or coconut until serving. Instead it is best stored in the freezer. You can cut it into slices when it’s thawed and freeze separately if you choose. Remove from freezer, 15-20 minutes before serving.