I cannot take credit for this recipe. But its a definate goodie!
One of my retreat participants left the weekend so inspired she was reinventing recipes to make them plant-based, sugar free and healthy.
This is one she sent me.
Almond Butter Truffles
½ cup almond butter
¼ cup almond flour (or coconut flour)
1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
1/2 cup dark chocolate
1 tsp coconut oil
- Mix 1/2 cup almond butter1/4 cup almond flour (or coconut flour), tbsp oats, 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- Roll into about 1 inch balls and place on a lined cookie sheet. I used a heart shaped cookie cutter which worked well and held together
- Melt about 1/2 cup dark chocolate with 1 tbsp coconut oil.
- Dip the hearts or balls in the melted chocolate and sprinkle tops with optional pink himalyan salt.
- Put in fridge to chill. Will keep for a fair while.